Monday, February 23, 2009






Had lunch with my sister and nephew on Thursday and we were talking about how much fun it was growing up and how parents always want there children to have more then what they had and how kids today aren't as blessed as we were. We didn't have a whole lot of material things and we were happy just going outside to play or sit around the yard and just talk. Having our grandparents and how special they were to us, family was the most important thing. Riding our bike, or flying our kites, catching dragon flies and tying them to a string (sorry) or building model homes out of mud, playing our record players or listening to the radio, putting pennies on the railroad tracks and finding a quarter was a great thing. We were also talking about the Poinciana tree (that my dad chopped down) in the front yard, well my sister being 9 years younger than I looked at me like I had 3 eyes, we didn't have a Poinciana tree in the front yard, she remembered the ficus tree that my father was grafting limbs to make more ficus trees, (we had a laugh about that one.) I told her that I would find a picture and put it on the blog. Back then when you had photos developed they came in a small Kodak album. In that album was a picture of Tikie (check out thoses drapes, what were they thinking) our Wire hair terrior who was a terror(Tikie wasn't to kind to strangers) and a picture of us (my sister was not born yet) probally Easter dinner at our grandparents house and of course our brother was in the Poinciana tree, in fact the rest of the album was either him or I in a tree and tikie waiting for us below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog design by Blogs by Sneaky Momma