Thursday, May 21, 2009

Hialeah Park












This is a photo of my Mom & Dad at Hialeah Park after WWII, this is my favorite photo of them. My parents moved to Florida in 1945 and rented a house from a man that was a well known horse trainer and owner. Coming from Kansas he thought Miami was a tropical paradise. I was borned and raise in Miami. I like to visit other places but don't think I could ever live anywhere else.

It is very sad to see Hialeah Park now adays, the horse stalls have been torn down, and it is in such bad shape. I use to take my kids there to watch the jockeys practice, went to a few antique and classic car shows. To watch the flamingos, that was such a treat for me. I would think, if enough people got there creative juices flowing, someone could think of something.
Flamingos use to fly wild, but I guess there feathers were so desireable that people used them in hats and clothing etc. The other photo was taken at Flamingo Gardens, here in South Florida. Just thought I'd throw that photo in. I wonder if I could get into Hialeah Park to photo the Flamingos there??????











No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog design by Blogs by Sneaky Momma