Monday, June 1, 2009

Mushrooms and Dragonflies

Check out the dragonfly on this special cow, Made Jerry stop so I could take some photos of the scenery and happened to get a photo of this cow with dragonfly motif. Didn't realized till months later when I dropped my dragonfly button on the floor, picked it up and placed it on the photograph, and noticed the dragonfly, little freaky.
I was letting the dogs out one day (right after my parents passed away) and something told me to go over to the bamboo and woooowlaaaa, there was this beautiful dragonfly, he waited till I went in to get my camera. Haven't seen another one like this since. So now every time I see a couple of dragonflies, I tell Jer, there go my parents, really freaks him out.

Did you know that Dragonflies are among earth's oldest creature, they were the winged shamans of Zuni myth and legend, they carried supernatural powers and was said, spiritual transformation in their flight. Was thought to swiftly carry the spirits of ancestors to their beloveds.











Well, since some people are wanting me to paint again, I decided to go out and paint mushrooms. My inks and such are about dried up. Wanted to use yellow on the mushrooms, but the yellow is a watery tan. Love the color green and orange. Have to be careful with loving a color, less is more. Have to have a dominance also, in color and in shape.









1 comment:

 
Blog design by Blogs by Sneaky Momma