Friday, June 26, 2009

Ravens, Dragonflies, Family, Friends and Legend-on & on


Don't wait for inspiration-when inspiration does not come to me, I go to meet it. Sigmund Freud

My blog yesterday gave me inspiration to finish this painting. READ my blog June 1st and June 7th.
This photo is really bad, but you can get the idea what I was thinking?
Things I added to finish this painting-
My grandmother is pictured at the top, with the moon behind her. Birdhouses and a heart, of course a dragonfly (bottom fourth). The birdbath doubles as a bird with her chicks. I wanted to add a celestial mood to this painting and one of missing those that are gone and those that I never met. I cut the painting down and took the scraps and turned them inward. I dislike matting as much as framing. I also added line to keep your eye moving throughout the painting.

Finished, maybe, no really it is!

Have had three dear friends pass away in the last year -Mary Jo a wonderful artist, Art & Mary's daughter, Carol and last Sunday, Gary.
This is my way to express my feelings, and I am not that good at writing or verbally expressing. People don't have a clue what I am talking about half the time, or they're thinking something else.
I started this painting when my parents were ill, the other day I grabbed it out of my pile of The Unfinished. Haven't painted much in the last 3 years except in workshops. Started this blogging stuff, drawing, painting, doodling and little by little started to bring back a little creativity.
Feel better.

1 comment:

  1. Hey I love this painting! I was just wandering around your blog today and realized I had not seen this one. I love it, it has such a good mood to it. I feel the love and loss all at one time yet it does not make me sad or uncomfortable. Good Job!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Blogs by Sneaky Momma