Saturday, June 6, 2009

Ravens

Cropped this down so, I don't know, know it is a bit scary to me, and I painted it.


I like to photograph my paintings while I am working on them or prop them up somewhere, so I can critique.


Different cultures believe different things about the Raven. After I painted this one I happen to read, that when Ravens are perched on a ball he serves as a representation of living in balance, maybe that one was wishful thinking.


Ravens were also known to be tricksters. Native American tradition holds the Raven as the courier of energy flow that brings about change and creates new realities. They are very smart and they are known for collecting bright, shiny objects to decorate their nest, sounds familiar.
Tomorrow I will show the whole painting and try to explain the symbols.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog design by Blogs by Sneaky Momma